I’m Yvie (Rocks) Jones, a writer, comedian, and multimedia storyteller.
I’m thrilled to be the captain of my own ship now, but I’ve been a writer, editor, preditor (sorry), project manager, and Web producer for companies large (Comcast, The International Media Conglomerate Formerly Known As AOL, a certain Ivy League university) and small (Philadelphia Magazine, an infamous liberal filmmaker-blowhard’s production company).
The letter F figures prominently in topics I like to write and think about most – film, fashion, finance, food, fights, and Philadelphia (let me have this one), the city that invented the F word.
These days you can find me:
- Reveling in/recovering from the purchase of my first home
- Writing a short story collection and a one-act play
- Scribbling jokes while prepping for a post-COVID return to standup
- Becoming a warrior for voting rights and the USPS
- Spending a shocking amount of time frolicking outdoors, as far away from a glowing screen as I can get